View Single Post
Old 15 August 2020, 12:32 AM   #137
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post

Here's the thing, a person that gets access to the "in the safe watches" will be a high value purchaser, that includes a Grey dealer, he will only become a "Grey dealer" because the AD has allowed him to do so by offering him the highly desirable watches. In a way, he is the only way a "normal" person can gain access to those rare watches without having to spend huge amounts of money on other watches to gain the privilege of ever seeing them. (Which is the fault of the AD for "hiding" watches in the back for their preferred customers).
I think that's where you and I may disagree. My position is that a normal person who makes an effort to be vetted, CAN get a desirable piece without going grey and without spending a fortune first. ADs don't always just sell to people who buy jewelry or always bundle with a lady's diamond Datejust. If you don't walk in and assume you deserve the watch just because you have the ability to pay, you have a better chance to win the AD over and be offered desirable pieces. That's my argument.
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote