View Single Post
Old 28 October 2020, 02:39 AM   #9
synrrgy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave455 View Post
Personally, even if I didn’t wear the watch that much, I’d keep it! Though I'm probably the wrong person to ask, being one of the “aficionado’s” in question!

Firstly, it’s a classic design. Others may come in and out of fashion, but that won’t. It’s got the classic B23 movement, and also the classic sub dial design. The logo is the classic wings, which I can’t believe Breitling are fiddling around with, but they are.

Collectibility at the moment isn’t great, but it’s only going to get more desirable over time. While I do see a fair number of these used, many have been quite heavily used, and few are as nice as yours appears to be. Fewer still have the bracelet. Bearing in mind that this model is out of production, I think you would struggle to replace it with one as nice.

When you factor in what you would currently get, I don’t think there is any incentive to sell, and every incentive to keep! Most folks have got the odd, how shall I phrase it - less than tasteful piece, in their collection. Sell one of those and keep the Navitimer!

Thank you for your input Dave. Much appreciated. I have been on the fence deciding whether or not to keep and have teetered back and forth for the last week on it. A friend asked to buy it since I haven’t been using it at all and offered about $3500 for the whole set. I did think about it for a bit and figure I would let it go since I haven’t been using it
and make some money on the side, but it also seemed on the low end and he didn’t want to go up in price. For that amount I was leaning towards keeping it especially since it’s in such excellent condition. Your comments make a lot of sense, Thanks again.
synrrgy is offline   Reply With Quote