View Single Post
Old 17 March 2019, 08:33 AM   #14
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsg View Post
It seems to me that Breitling stills has a steep road ahead judging by the number of responses garnered in this thread to the new release. Breitling releases a homerun, a truthful reissue of an iconic model and we get 9 comments here. Rolex releases a lame teaser and they get 20 pages full with speculation and comments...
Well, at least I hope this is a watch we are able to get without the crappy sales experience associated with Rolex these days.
I know. I own a daytona, and this thing blows it away in every way. First, this navi is actually legible, looks to be an excellent and handwound movement, and has real heritage, not just something that is famous because the salad dressing guy wore it. Indeed, Omega with their coming 321 release and this Navi, the reality is Rolex has not been that exciting to be recently. Even the new BLRO, a disappointment for me as its only available on the jubilee bracelet and the excessive wide lugs and bling bezel make it unwearable for me. Lets take the Daytona, the slapped a ceramic bezel and the watch continue to ne illegible and everyone cant get enough. Can you imagine if they did something like what Breitling just did with the Navi to the Daytona, now that something worth getting excited about. Like a Daytona 6263 reissue!
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote