View Single Post
Old 9 September 2019, 04:06 AM   #30
SemperFi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Well, after just three days I can honestly say that this is quickly becoming one of my all time favorites.
Timekeeping is spot on, it’s comfortable to wear for long periods of time, and its got an extremely legible dial that just begs you to stare at it.

One thing about this watch has been a revelation though. I’m actually warming up to the PCL’s. I never cared for them before, but then again, I never owned a watch that had them before. They lend another degree of versatility to the wrist presence of the watch making a great looking sport watch into a better looking dress watch.
Needless to say, I’m more than pleased with the entire package.

Now I need some strap options. Being retired, I don’t want the dressy look on a daily basis that the bracelet provides.
I like the matching rubber OEM strap but the price borders on the insane. I know there are knockoffs available on eBay for about $80.
A curved end strap would be preferable as I’m not sure how a straight end strap would look on this watch.
Tudor Ranger 79910
Nomos Club Datum 733
Nomos Metro 38
Stowa Flieger Classic 40

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote