View Single Post
Old 12 February 2017, 12:34 AM   #9
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Many thanks your views, guys

I'm not pulling the trigger until end of July so plenty of time, but I do want to get it right. Whilst Ma Van D liked the 317, she preferred the 389 and 615 but expressed no preference. Mrs Van D chose the 389 before she learned of the prices.

Mrs Van D also went off the 317 in the flesh; she does like it but thinks it's not different enough from what I have already. She's of the view that Submersible is the perfect fit because it has the crown guard that I love and is nothing like my 359 and 689. It also has the charcoal grey dial and ceramic bezel, which is different from my other two. Would you believe she also noticed it doesn't have a sandwich dial!

I prefer the boutique route to grey or lightly used. They've been so good to me over the past year and I want to remain loyal. Sure, I won't get as big a discount there but the service is beyond anything I've had elsewhere, ever. It'll cost me financially, I know, but I'm ok with that. I'm buying to love and to wear, not to flip.

Cru, I'm not sure about the 1389, mate. I'll need to see it first but it's certainly worth thinking about. If they don't change the dial script, like they did with the 1312 and 1359 then it could be a possibility. Surprisingly, I can't find any pics of the 1389 on line

Either way, an uncomplicated Submersible with a ceramic bezel seems to be in the lead at the moment. In fact, the 389 would be my go to watch in a zombie apocalypse

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote