View Single Post
Old 1 December 2019, 01:19 PM   #1
Enzo954
"TRF" Member

Bought my first Rolex!

I finally jumped in and bought my first Rolex!

I've been enamored with the Yacht-Master 40mm blue and rhodium for a while. I have seen the blue in person at an AD, but never the rhodium. I watched tons of videos on youtube of both watches and viewed 100's of pictures on the internet. I decided that when I eventually came across a rhodium, I would make the purchase. It just looked slightly more elegant to me.

I swung by my local AD today (which never has anything intriguing) and there they were. A 40mm blue and a 37mm rhodium. My mind was set on the rhodium but when I saw the two side by side, the blue just sang to me. It really popped while the rhodium looked slightly bland. I think that the platinum bezel and the grey dial didn't give the piece enough contrast. Still stunning though!

The saleswoman told me she could source a 40mm Rhodium from another store and have it mailed to me. What can I say...the blue won me over!

Here are a few pics. I'm also glad that I waited a bit because this is the upgraded 3235 movement. It's nice to have the 70 hour power reserve.

She also threw in a Wolf automatic watch winder. Do any of you guys use this type of winder? It seems like there isn't much space between where the watch slides in and the inner wall. I'm slightly concerned about scuffing the watch putting it in and out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rolex 1.jpg (68.6 KB, 1017 views)
File Type: jpg Rolex 2.jpg (70.8 KB, 1008 views)
File Type: jpg Wrist Shot.jpg (100.0 KB, 1008 views)
File Type: jpg Winder.jpg (88.7 KB, 1004 views)
Enzo954 is offline   Reply With Quote