View Single Post
Old 7 February 2016, 12:54 PM   #38
Tj O'Reily
"TRF" Member

Icon20 Tough decision I think.

I have the BLNR and wore it daily until I bought my Daytona at Christmas. I love my GMT and since I travel a bit for my job I have actually used the GMT functionality. As you know it has the ability to just change the hour hand without interrupting the minutes or seconds. It makes it easy to change time zones.

I have always kept the 24 hour hand set to GMT time (London) and when I travel it's great to use the bezel to adjust to my home time. I know it's not hard to calculate the time differences in your head, but it's just a little satisfying to use the GMT function as intended for the watch. I've considered a diver but I don't dive so I'd never really be able to use the function.

I have been looking for my next Rolex and think that it will be the blue face Yacht Master. It's a beautiful looking watch and this will give me a black, white and blue faced Rolex and think it will be a nice trio. I just wish that it wasn't called a yacht master. I don't have a yacht. I don't go yachting. Maybe Rolex could call it the Submariner II!

Overall I think you have a lucky decision to make. They are both similarly priced, the yacht master being slightly more money. I wouldn't let the price difference be the factor in your decision. Either way you cannot go wrong.
Tj O'Reily is offline   Reply With Quote