View Single Post
Old 3 August 2020, 01:02 AM   #32
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42itus View Post
Since we’re discussing semantics, I’ll offer my personal opinion.

Based on what OP is sharing, I would say that the salesperson made a poor attempt at trying to give OP hope. But this person probably has poor sales skills and didn’t realize that the wording actually sounds like you’re teasing the customer. Imagine if you walk in an AD and ask for any reference, in this case let’s say a Daytona since it’s one of the most desired pieces on the planet. So imagine how you would feel if upon asking if they have one, they reply with “funny you should ask, we just got one earlier today”. What in the hell are you supposed to feel other than that you scored one?

And in my opinion OP did not “malign” the AD or attack their reputation. Just sharing a story.

And from what I was told by the manager at an Omega Boutique, the 50th was never sold out. At one point, all of the allocations were sold out, but not all 6969 pieces. So from what I’m being told there are more available now, and it’s not because of mass cancellations. I was told by my OB that they are confident they can get me one within a couple of weeks if I leave a refundable deposit. Without a deposit they can request one but any OB that secured a deposit will have the right of first refusal.

Hang in there OP, I hope you get yours soon.
Well said. Isn’t this the same watch that was all of the sudden available again on Omega’s website not so long ago? I still doubt that everyone has sold out.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote