View Single Post
Old 3 August 2020, 11:05 PM   #46
HERITAGE82
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoBay View Post
Hi friends :) Let's take a deep breath here. First, these watches were sold out LONG AGO. What happened - and this is corroborated simply by looking at both Omegawatches.com and doing some googling - is that post COVID, some stores couldn't take delivery of the final production of the watches and these were made available, along with cancelled orders, to top tier boutiques and Omega boutiques. So, first it's totally likely that places like Topper, Feldmar, etc... that are top tiers West Coast boutiques would receive one or two. Second, it's also stupendously likely that as soon as these came in these stores would consult a list of people who have expressed interest in the watch and tell them they have one. How do I know that's true? Because that happened to me! I'm the guy who got the watch that the OP is frustrated about. How did I get it? I told Rob if they other got one, to call me. And they did, months later. When they had one to sell. So, yes, interest lists are real. Fourth: sounds like you misunderstood them when you called. "I just received one" means just that - it doesn't mean they just got one in that's available. If you didn't understand, just ask for clarity, don't come on here and start flaming before giving them the benefit of the doubt. Finally, I think it's really lame that you're attacking a store for trying to do right by you. This is hardly surprising that a watch, in demand, would have a list of people waiting to get it. Just because you want it doesn't mean you get it, this is the frustration and the fun of our hobby - half of it is the hunt. So while I am very sorry that you're frustrated, I think it's a bit obnoxious and just a tad entitled to attack a store's pristine reputation just because they were literally unable to do what you asked of them in that exact moment, especially since it doesn't sound like you made any effort at all to clarify what they told you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoBay View Post
Look man, I'm on my high horse because you decided to come on here and publicly malign one of the best, most honest and straight up dealers out there just because the exact structure of a sentence appears to not have met your stringent by-phone communications standards. The fact that Topper is fair, honest and kind isn't just my opinion, either. Look at their reviews for years, these guys are gold.

They did nothing to you. Did Topper take your money and not deliver? no. Did they treat you disrespectfully? You seem to think so, but it sure sounds like that's splitting a pretty thin hair, and that's one hell of a benefit of the doubt I'm giving there. Did they make a promise and not deliver? Did they keep you waiting a terribly long time beyond what was promised? Did they force a bundle or anything like that? No, no and no. Did they tell you that one had come in to demonstrate that you had a shot at one and offer to call you if they get another of the reference you want? Yep. For shame!

So yeah, I'm standing by what I wrote. Hope you find the watch you want and in future, before you come on here and get on your high horse, put yourself in the business' shoes before responding.
You must work for Topper

I agree 100% with the OP the phone interaction was terrible on the Sales persons part.
- Breitling Chronomat - 10th Anniv.
- Huguenin Freres Speedmaster Prototype
HERITAGE82 is offline   Reply With Quote