View Single Post
Old 3 August 2020, 11:13 PM   #47
marcusgrr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 326934
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbysplace View Post
OP it doesn’t sound like they were trying to get your hopes up. Quite the opposite. It sounds like they were trying to give you hope! As in, another one could come in at any time, and if so it would have your name on it. Fact is this is a hot watch - surprising for an Omega LE, I know - and they’re not readily available at ADs. Of course, you can always buy from a trusted seller if you’d rather not wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoBay View Post
Look man, I'm on my high horse because you decided to come on here and publicly malign one of the best, most honest and straight up dealers out there just because the exact structure of a sentence appears to not have met your stringent by-phone communications standards. The fact that Topper is fair, honest and kind isn't just my opinion, either. Look at their reviews for years, these guys are gold.

They did nothing to you. Did Topper take your money and not deliver? no. Did they treat you disrespectfully? You seem to think so, but it sure sounds like that's splitting a pretty thin hair, and that's one hell of a benefit of the doubt I'm giving there. Did they make a promise and not deliver? Did they keep you waiting a terribly long time beyond what was promised? Did they force a bundle or anything like that? No, no and no. Did they tell you that one had come in to demonstrate that you had a shot at one and offer to call you if they get another of the reference you want? Yep. For shame!

So yeah, I'm standing by what I wrote. Hope you find the watch you want and in future, before you come on here and get on your high horse, put yourself in the business' shoes before responding.
Agreed. I don't see the big deal here. Topper did not disrespect the OP, or mislead him; OP sounds very sensitive about the whole interaction. If you want the timepiece so badly, go grey; but if you don't want to pay the grey premium, get the on the waitlist. You cant jump the line; other customers were there first.

How is this news? You have a long list of watches, surely you have known this.

Now, the real issue is going on a public forum and bashing a reputable company for following fair and open business.
marcusgrr is offline   Reply With Quote