View Single Post
Old 30 August 2019, 05:31 PM   #1
lianghee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pam, AP, Rolex
Buying a Panerai from boutique, AD and Grey dealers

Just wondering what would be your preferred choice?

Buy your regular production pam from AD with discount. Buy limited edition pam from Grey.

Or

Buy all pam from boutique

For the past few months, I have been adding back a few Pams into my collections

1) a used 233 dot dial
2) a brand new 1033 from AD (great discount)
3) a brand new 995 from boutique (no discount)
4) a brand new 799 from boutique (no discount and arriving around Nov hopefully)

And so I casually asked my sales rep from the boutique to be put on waiting list for the 968. As usual, they would only sell me the 968 with a bundle if I have accumulated 70k (SGD100k) of purchase at the boutique. So I am wondering now, should I continue to support the boutique or just get the 968 from Grey Market? Over here in Singapore, it is not difficult to get a 968 at about USD 20k from grey dealer.

It seems ridiculous to buy most of my panerai from the boutique with zero discount and yet need to accumulate such a huge amount to qualify for a 968.

In fact I have been having the intention to add back 422 into my collection. So now instead of buying a 422 from the boutique with no discount, it might be more worth to get a 422 from my AD with at least 15% discount. And a 968 from Grey at a slight premium.

I am not sure what are the benefits to buy from boutique other than having the need to spend 70k to qualify to purchase a non limited edition bronzo?
lianghee is offline   Reply With Quote