View Single Post
Old 10 May 2017, 02:20 PM   #11
Nathan356
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan356 View Post
Great info! Super helpful. I was wondering the exact same thing about just directly mounting the last link while studying clasp so I'm going to try that tonight. So this will be secure? Also, what is the part # of the end link I need? This way I can search for it properly on ebay. In the meantime I just bought a generic GMT style bracelet from ebay so I can experiment on it and see if the end link from the generic fits the same way. I eventually plan to re-use the clasp from the generic on a RubberB strap so switching between strap and bracelet is faster.
Update: so removing the dive extension and just putting the spring bar directly through the last link and then mounting it back into the clasp worked terrific. Before the mod I was at the tightest setting on the micro-adjust, and now that same length corresponds to the loosest setting. So now I have another challenge to solve: moving the microadjust to the next tighter setting is borderline too tight, so what I want to do is add a normal link, put the spring bar through the added link, and pick up a new location on the microadjust that will be between the previous two settings. The only issue is strangely, the spring bar is too fat to fit through the extra link, even though it fits easily through the non-removeable link. So, now I'm looking for a slightly thinner (1.8mm?), single shoulder spring bar that fits the submariner clasp. Ideas?
Nathan356 is offline   Reply With Quote