View Single Post
Old 30 November 2010, 11:20 PM   #11
Rolexcess

Watch: it, Sucka!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan1965 View Post
Just my sixth sense--I would be very cautious about buying a 6 figure watch like a Big Crown on Ebay from a non known entity with little feedback. The watch certainly looks legit and the dial is amazing from the photos--but as you always hear on the forum--"Buy the seller". Someone above said they were appalled by questions--I am more surprised by the answers.......
I agree 100%. If the seller is indeed 90+ years old, he is doing a very good job with his listing (text, photos, etc). Not to say that it is not possible, but it just does not feel right. He has sold a lot of tools and fishing supplies and has 100% feedback. Perhaps his grandson is helping.

Just seems a bit strange. I would never spend that amount of money on eBay without holding and seeing the item first, weather the seller has 100% feedback or not. The fact that there is a "No Return" policy is also a bit unnerving.

I hope for "Bob's" sake he does not entertain too many "Can I pick it up locally" questions, as he may be a target for theft, given his age. He needs to be careful and so do all of the potential bidders.

Will be interesting to see the outcome...
Rolexcess is offline   Reply With Quote