View Single Post
Old 13 June 2019, 08:03 PM   #96
bonsai-man
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag32 View Post
Patek will probably replace it with a 5711 solid rose gold for you to delete this bad publicity. Ha.
I wouldn't take it. Seriously though this thread was NOT started to trash PP reputation. I started the tread to discuss how times and standards have slipped across the board over the years. And to seek advice on how others cope with day to day issues owning steel watches.

I have seen SS rust and own several SS vintage watches (50 years) including my grand-dads (swiss Ingersoll) that have some slight corrosion. Although I suspected an issue when I started this thread, I genuinely didn’t think the rust was that serious an issue, that’s also partly why I cleaned it (and to stop it getting worse).

As it became abundantly clear I am the only one with the issue, I reported it to the AD but as I already cleaned it there was nothing for the AD to see (more on that next). I decided yesterday it may be best to at least raise it with Patek directly, just so they and I have a record of the issue should it return, hopefully that makes sense.
bonsai-man is offline   Reply With Quote