View Single Post
Old 14 November 2017, 06:45 PM   #12
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myporsche View Post
You Patek guys are funny. So it's impossible to get a discount on an Aquanaut? You cannot get a Nautilus unless you wait a few years? OP asks a legitimate question and everyone starts bashing. All this hype, allocation, perceived rarity is getting out of hand. Here are some quick answers.
  • You CAN get a discount on an Aquanaut
  • You DON'T have to wait years to obtain a Nautilus - you will have to pay retail
  • You will need to do research, have a good relationship with AD, and have CASH ready
  • Buying 3 in one shot (cash) will help with negotiations, sourcing, and pricing
on a Nautilus not a chance. They have a list and people waiting so if they had 10 and OP wanted all 10 it would still be retail. There are plenty who are waiting to pay full price but i still think you will be waiting a few years. Unless you have a great relationship with an AD already, i just don't see how. Maybe a discount an an aquanaut, but probably not and definitely nothing in the range suggested by the OP, also there is no AD with more than one that i have ever heard of so multiple aquanaut purchases isnt happening.

Paying for 3 PP's in cash you are more likely to get robbed on the way to the AD then you will have a chance of a cash discount. Some small AD's maybe as the CC transaction fee is around 3% but big AD's don't care and many don't want to deal with that much cash anyway and probably prefer a CC.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote