View Single Post
Old 4 February 2020, 11:44 PM   #1535
atn_uk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedy101 View Post
This will be an unpopular opinion but...I never fell for or liked the idea of Buying a Rolex or any high value item second hand...no matter what. My sentiment is that if you haven't got the full funds to walk into an AD and pay retail you have no business trying to save a few dollars looking on the grey market or second hand etc. You will never be able to replicate the knowledge that you bought it from new and you know the full history of that watch. Cant get it at the AD you say? tough ..and for those who get sucked into this hype and craze of the SS Rolex ... I don't have to much sympathy.
Not only an outrageous victim shaming, but also ridiculous comment.

Aside from the difficulty getting new watches, from all major brands these days, even including Omega for some items, let alone AP, Patek, Lange, and more, buying “second hand” new is actually way more expensive than buying retail, for many models. So your insults about not having enough funds is not even close to the reality of buying popular models from the grey market.

And, if you want an older, discontinued watch, you have no choice but to buy second hand. Many older watches are highly desirable.