View Single Post
Old 8 October 2009, 01:11 AM   #34
STEELINOX
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX-less atm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by masugu View Post
So when does that new Seamaster come out? Don't see it on the Omega site?
Not out yet, coming soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGERB View Post
Personally I like the hands, true to it's heritage and gives it a distinct "Omega" look
Very nice!
R
Retro cool fer sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCpaneristi View Post
Looks cool! However, I believe the proper technical term is not ceramic... it's "LiquidMetal" whatever that means... Still, a very cool watch. My friend has the regular version, and every time I see it it's VERY tempting... arrow hands and all.
Its still ceramiche, "Liquid Metal" is the OMEGA trade name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraman View Post
Model number: 2311.044.500.6001 and Limited to only 1948 pieces!
I hate that they do "limited" anything; another gimick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmosalar View Post
Though I am not privy to their strategic corporate information I think Mr. Hayek and the SWATCH group are targeting ROLEX. The new OMEGA cal. 8500-8600, the "new" Ploprof, the AT and the HV and HVAC all point to OMEGA taking the gloves off. I don't think ROLEX will be seriously hurt, but I do believe some of the smaller players had better watch out when these two titans struggle.

Good observation STEELINOX.

Gary
I believe this is exactly what OMEGA has done, and as the GMT has been a huge success, OMEGA is jumping in the ceramic pool too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deyn Man View Post
looks good! i wonder why ... oh! might be because it looks like a rolex! hehehehe!

IMO, not a fan of the omega co-axial movement thingy... read something about it but didn't attempt to know the details.. if i remember correctly, it's short of a "gimmick" (sorry for the lack of a better term) and that it was "offered" to rolex and they didn't even bother with it (i hope i'm getting this right...)... it's not that it's "bad". but if you put in the price into the equation (as well as the valuation of Omegas), for US$6,800, i'd rather have a rolex on my wrist...

hope i didn't offend anyone.. again, just my opinion...
You will NEVER see this OMEGA go out the door for this much, try about 1/3 off the top to start...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmith View Post
Leaves me stone cold..........

Cheers
We need to get YOU into a box and you need to leave the GREEN BOXes to us !

Quote:
Originally Posted by improviz View Post
Rolex was not the first manufacturer to release watches with ceramic bezels; Hublot's Big Bang offered it in 2005, two years before the GMT IIc came out, and Rado has been doing ceramic watches for years.

As to the lineage of the watch, the broad arrow hands date to the 1950s; here's a pic of a vintage Speedy with the hands.
I had one of the first RADO DiaStar's; an excellent piece that kept great time and was indestructable.
The arrow hands are very cool retro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepod90 View Post
Nice looking watch. Lume is Killer but not a fan of that bracelet.
Agree, they shulda put it on a mesh bracelet; its limited anyways, wulda made it waay more apealing than the OYSTER...

Thanks,
Randy
STEELINOX is offline   Reply With Quote