View Single Post
Old 18 January 2021, 02:13 AM   #28
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paneristinewb View Post
Agree 100% with your assessment. If you were in this position, what would you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I own a Carbotech Pam 661 with the original P9010. It is a incredible watch and movement combo. That said, I would have not purchased it if it didn’t have a hacking movement. I would certainly contact Panerai and tell them you absolutely want the proper P.9010 movement that is advertised and was developed with a hack seconds. Don’t let anyone tell you this is just a minor tweak or insignificant modification. This kind of change would have to have its movement redesignated with a different name or number. There is no getting around this at the very least.

Then I would contact your original dealer where you purchased the watch and tell them the same. I personally would go to whatever leverage I had to do to either get a original P.9010 movement or my money back including the fraud/purchase protection of my CC. No way would I ever own any movement without a hacking second. The movement is so good it is capable for under 2 seconds a day. I am getting around +1 a day with my P9010. Without a hacking movement you could have to live with a + or - 30 second out of sync movement. The only way you can synchronize a non hacking movement is letting the mainspring/power reserve go dead and then try to start the movement again near the correct atomic time. Once you do that, you probably will have to adjust the minute hand to a marker when the second hand hits zero. This would be a huge PIA with a $400 watch and absurd for any automatic movement over $1500.00.
Mystro is online now   Reply With Quote