View Single Post
Old 11 August 2017, 11:01 AM   #16
occb2
Banned

Watch: Submariner 16610
It is just an odd question. I started learning how to work on watches 5 years ago. Through the years I have learned to do the 3135, I have 3 watches with them and for the last 15 years I have been sending them out for service. Now I can do them. The gaskets are simple. You always....ALWAYS...change the tube and crown gasket. Period. I would also change the case back gasket. While I can say I have no clue about they H'valve. I would say, yes, it should be changed. The only thing I wouldn't mess around with is the crystal gasket. If your crystal has to come off, for like polishing the case or any other reasons then yes change that too.

As far as parts location. If he is Rolex trained. He will have a Rolex watchmaker ID number and can order any part he wants. If he is like me then he has to either rely on his local AD or friend. If he is really into servicing Rolexes he has to have a connection. What happens if during service he finds that the teeth on the hour wheel are getting worn? Or a winding wheel is beginning to show wear? They have to be changed. Now if he worked on "A" Rolex once, that does not make him a Rolex trained watchmaker. I am not a Rolex trained watch maker.

There is nothing better than a Rolex that comes back from the service center after service. Only thing better is the day you buy it. That watch will be amazing and have another warranty.
occb2 is offline   Reply With Quote