View Single Post
Old 30 March 2018, 12:13 AM   #9
H-Watches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrente View Post

After one month I cannot be happier with my SS DJ36, I purchase it after an important milestone that would allowed me to purchase any Rolex, but after taking everything in consideration I took the decision on this one.

I love :
- The size, nevertheless I have a 7.5inch wrist and I needed extra links I love it on my wrist.
- The sleek clear white dial with the sticks.
- The jubilee bracelet, I have not used other Rolex bracelet but this is nice and very comfortable.
- The nice fluted bezel, I have noticed that frequently while I am driving there is a nice reflection of the fluted bezel inside the car, I would describe it as a kind of a wheel of tiny shinny stars.
- The precision, currently is about 2 seconds/day fast
- The hidden clasp, looking at the new Basel DJ36 models that can imply that in the future the new SS will lose it, in my opinion would make the new jubilee models less attractive. Not having hidden clasp on DJ40 was a deal breaker for me to decide for DJ36.
- The interesting roulette date, just a small detail that change the watch every day. Not having roulette date on DJ40 was reinforcing factor to decide for DJ36.

The only improvement that I am missing is some extra power reserve, with an extra day of power reserve I would not have to set and wind it most of the times that I did. But considering a potential future DJ36 with new movement and without hidden clasp I would prefer the current one.

I had a very good discount and extra jubilee links for free plus a nice Rolex green tie, regarding this point for sure it has helped that at the same time we were purchasing a nice WG Pearlmaster for my wife ;-)…

In a few months I have another big life milestone and I am starting to think on the next one, currently I am between a blue dial Turn-o-graph and an Explorer I...

Glad your enjoying it! I am a huge fan of the Turnograph!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
H-Watches is offline   Reply With Quote