View Single Post
Old 12 January 2020, 04:59 AM   #1
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BoctokKomandirskie
Did the (not so) unthinkable ...

And finally let go of my 116710LN. After five years of almost daily wear, scuffed, scratched and scarred, still fetched me an offer about 50% on top of the price acquired.
Signs of the times I guess...I had been getting an odd feeling wearing the thing every day and especially ever since I got my BB GMT.
I found the Tudor more practical in just about every respect and subject to the normal depreciation of tear and wear, it's a watch one wears without having to think twice.
And don't get me wrong, by having to think twice, I mean that I just couldn't get past the fact that my daily beater ended up costing more than it's really worth.
It's not a limited production piece, it's not a vintage one, heck it wasn't even popular back in the day. A rising tide lifts all boats, sure, but add the hype and people's fear of missing out and what you get, is something I just don't agree with.
I almost feel for those having to spend outrageous sums of money, sometimes 100% over MSRP just to get one over hyped model. Yes it's a free market, yes, it's offer and demand, I'm fully aware and okay with it all.
But I firmly believe these contemporary stainless steel watches are just not worth the going price. And for this reason I'm cashing out of the SS...
minute_man is offline   Reply With Quote