View Single Post
Old 19 December 2010, 09:47 AM   #31
The GMT Master
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG123 View Post
Chris,

I appreciate this opportunity.
On average, how many visits does a new Rolex customer make before he buys?
Does your shop do anything special to enhance the customers "AD experience", such as offering up a cup of tea or glass of water while shopping, or some kind of gift with purchase?
Do you notice there are clearly defined types of Rolex buyers, sports versus non-sports, or do most customers consider both categories?
If there was one particular customer purchase which stands out in your mind as a favorite, please share that story.
Great question

It does vary - some customers can agonise over a purchase for weeks, others it's pretty much an impulse buy. On average, maybe 2 to 3 visits

As for how we treat our customers, we always sit them down, and bring as many watches as they wish to see over the course of their visit (not all at the same time, though, we have certain security obligations for insurance purposes). We sometimes get customers drinks, although it does depend on how busy we are: we're not a massive store, so we sometimes need everyone in on the shop floor. On big purchases like a Rolex, we often offer a bottle of champagne too, just to help make it that little bit more special. We were recently nominated for best customer service for a small company in a local retail awards ceremony, and we pride ourselves on our service. We aim to give our customers a relaxed, friendly, non-pushy environment, where all of their questions can be answered.

There are definitely different kinds of Rolex customers, and some do definitely prefer the dress line to the sports line. Some are more open to suggestions, but most come in with a fairly clear idea as to what they want

As for a favourite purchase, my first Rolex sale does still stand out. It was a TT GMT IIc, fairly soon after I first started out, and it was a great experience. Wonderful understanding customer (I barely had a fraction of the knowledge I have now), very friendly, and I remember that initial adrenaline rush that the sale gave me. It's truly addictive, and I love selling watches for the thrill of the sale, not for money. He often comes in to say hello as well, which is always great to see. We have a wonderful customer base, and it certainly makes working for the company so much more rewarding

Hope these answers are good enough