View Single Post
Old 21 February 2019, 11:20 AM   #38
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
I probably haven't been this "hooked" on a watch since I decided to buy my Explorer. I do have a couple of questions/concerns.

First, is there any rubbing of straps against the edges of the case? Looks like somewhat of a snug fit in some pics I've seen. Have owners noticed any damage to their straps forming so far?

Second, in some of the videos I've watched in certain light there appears to be quite a bit of yellow in the dial color. How much of that are you noticing on a daily basis? On the flip side the 253 appears to have no yellow or cream at all. Honestly I personally find the dial of the 253 a bit boring in comparison to the 231.

Thanks and enjoy your beautiful watches!
I've been wearing mine nearly every day for 3 months straight and there's no abnormal wear near the lugs. Perhaps someone who has had it longer can chime in...

The 231 dial is definitely more yellow than the 253, and that's a huge reason why I love it! It's a subtle Ecru color that gives it a vintage charm and a nice contrast if you choose the right strap combo.

Feel free to PM with other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
Is this watch available in the US boutiques and ADs?
Sure is. PM me if you need help locating one and I'd be happy to point you in the right direction
Mbbgysam is offline   Reply With Quote