View Single Post
Old 14 August 2019, 10:15 PM   #8
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my sig. ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leicashot View Post
Hey great article. I believe it is, but to confirm, is the 025 second also of the same low manufacture quality as the 017 and 033?
Thx I don't know where you got the impression that the SLA017 is of low quality - it's my best "SLA" so far As for the SLA025 - excellent materials used & excellent finish. Unfortunately mine was very dusty... as if they had to rebuild it. I wrote about the issue extensively.... I saw another example recently and while it also had some dust (as all watches do, regardless of manufacture), it was quite within acceptable limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Great write up and pics as always. Both connections are cool, but Uemura was the man. I have a little booklet about him somewhere.
Many thanks I mentioned recently meeting Mike Horn and guess what, it was in HK

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman2005 View Post
Very nice writeup and pictures...My AD called today and said the SLA033 is in and she saves it for me in the back. Not an easy decision to get it or not.
Thx I would certainly recommend you go give it a try! Just be warned, when you're starring down at it on your wrist, it will be very hard to take it off and almost impossible to leave the AD without it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
The sla017 and the sla033 make the perfect companions... both are great given the price point. And then there were three...
Agree! You have yourself an awesome trio there,
T4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txkill View Post
Yes!!! Glad to have the third write up. Stellar job again. It’s gonna be fun hunting one down next year after they’ve been sold on the second hand market to complete my trio!
So many thanks
I know that the hunt is much of the fun! I spent about four years looking for my PAM 111G when I finally managed to find a decent one earlier this year. I certainly imagine you'll find your SLA033 much sooner than that - looking forward to hearing about your adventures
Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Seiko SBGA125 SBDX001 SLA017 SLA025 SLA033
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Other Mühle Glashütte S.A.R. Flieger Chronoswiss Tora
Travelller is offline   Reply With Quote