View Single Post
Old 12 December 2017, 07:56 AM   #20
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langnam View Post
Maybe the rules are different for Private Equity guys and it's industry, but I can tell you from the Wall Street side of the business, i.e. Private Wealth management and or Financial Advisors, it is not permitted either by firms or FINRA to tout stocks or even recommend them on forums as the advisor really has no way of knowing risk tolerances, investment goals, horizons, etc.
of the various members.

I've been working on the private client side of Wall St. since 1984 and know the regs.

These ideas are coming across as recommendations that would not pass at a broker/dealer firm.

Caveat emptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I spent 26 years on Wall Street as a Financial Advisor, M&A Banker, and most recently as Senior Private Banker focused solely on Ventire Capital and Private Equity Funds and Professionals. Retired 3 years ago at age 46. I let my Series 7, Series 63, and Series 65 licenses expire since I only manage only my own money these days via both public and private investments. I am up over 70% for the year with my stock trading and have made over $500K on just Cannabis Companies alone. I have several friends currently operating in the cannabis industry on both a domestic and international level, and I am part of group in the process of getting a medical dispensary license in D.C. I am sharing my experience to those who are interested which companies are worth looking at in the Cannabis industry. If one is interested, they should do their own research to make sure investing is suitable for their own risk tolerance and objectives.
mcorliss is offline   Reply With Quote