View Single Post
Old 17 April 2018, 03:07 PM   #26
007_Omega
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rph08 View Post
One thing that I'm really enjoying about the Speedy is just how easy it is to read the time! It's a great looking watch, very comfortable on the bracelet, and easy to tell time with just a quick glance. If I could only keep one watch out of my current collection it would still be my 16710, but the Speedy is definitely going to get a lot of wrist time.
Yep, insanely easy to read time. The contrast between the dial and thick white hands makes things easy. The size also helps and really a Chronograph is a busy watch and the increased size is justified.

No Micro-Adjustments is annoying as my wrist does shrink and swell up a lot. The Omega bracelet doesn't compare to a modern Rolex but the finishing is nice and the polished details have actually grown on me, especially because I consider it my dressiest piece now.

One thing that stands out, 904 vs 316 Steel. Anyone who thinks this is a marketing gimmick doesn't have a clue. Every time I think I've finally scratched my SD43, there is nothing there. Same can't be said for the Speedy sadly. Nothing serious on mine, still in great shape but it just isn't as robust. What I do love is that the crystal is very smudge resistant, unlike Rolex sapphire. It'll scratch up easily but nothing that can be fixed in a minute.

No matter how my collection grows, I always remind myself of Speedy Tuesday. There is always one day a week that the watch will almost always get worn. lol
007_Omega is offline   Reply With Quote