View Single Post
Old 21 November 2018, 06:04 AM   #18
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
you guys really dont think a dealer can charge ucc-1 filing fees and doc stamps? did you finance the car OP? if so, it's reasonable for the dealer to put everyone on notice of his interest in the collateral.

pitchforks coming out for no reason. if the OP didnt like the dealer fee he could have asked for it to be out. dealer fees are the dealers way of screwing you. it is well known most won't waive the fee and they are legal to charge.

if it was a math mistake you should have no problem paying it. if it was not a math mistake do not pay it.

i loathe car dealerships so this is no knock against you. the amount of monday morning QBing of your contract in this thread is quite absurd. i cannot fathom how you, the OP, willingly signs a contract and then complains about fees. im baffled really. i would think you would dispute it before signing and if you accepted it by signing why complain? baffled i say.

I have no problem with a properly disclosed fee Eliot. But this dealer fee is a LOT. At least in the several states that I have lived in the max allowable fee is no where near this high. I think $350 is about the highest I have seen. Of course any license fees should be paid by the purchaser.

But you are right. The buyer had every right to go somewhere else. Wonder if all the doc fees are that high in Florida?

But back the the point here. There is either bad math or bad business occurring here and I would want to get to the bottom of it if I were you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote