View Single Post
Old 10 October 2019, 04:51 AM   #1
CountVonLux
"TRF" Member

My inherited 1953 Rolex 6022, and an introduction!

Hello to the forum, I'm new here and thought I would share some pics of my 1953 Rolex Precision (I believe) from 1953.

I inherited this watch from my grandfather so it means a lot emotionally to me. I believe that it was purchased in Germany in the late 50's. My grandfather wore it daily (he ran a lumber yard), to it was used as a tool watch.

It bears the scars, but has held up pretty well. I think in the 1970's the crystal was cracked and replaced by a watchmaker. Other than that I don't know a lot about it. It still winds, runs, and keeps great time. I wear it weekly to church.

Does anyone have any information about this particular model of Rolex? I've not seen many dials that have the numerals in the positions that this one has, but I know this is a lower end Rolex for the period.

Any information on this model from the experts on this forum would be appreciated, as well as estimated value of these watches at this time.

Thanks for any help and I look forward to learning and contributing on the forum!

JayIMG_3085.JPGIMG_3084.JPGIMG_2515.JPGIMG_2211.JPGIMG_2516.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CountVonLux is offline   Reply With Quote