View Single Post
Old 25 January 2020, 02:47 AM   #30
Jackie Daytona
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16750
I’m torn on this one. I love my 6 digit black face, but the 5 digit polar is what made me get into the Exp. II

When I first saw 16570s I loved the polar look. I was still young then so I always sort of referenced it to what I know which was the GMT Master as my father had one. It looked very similar to the GMT Master in my opinion, but basically customized by Rolex to be a rugged explorers watch which I really liked as I was a huge Indiana Jones fan back then, it really let my imagination roam free. I always said I would get one one day as a kid.

On the the other hand I do like the 6 digit as it feels more of a standalone watch now and more of an original design rather than a GMT Master Indiana Jones edition from when I was young.

So I can really kind of go either way. The 6 digit though ended up bringing me to the black dial rather than polar though as I feel the proportions feel better with the maxi dial.

However I still want a polar 16570 one day as it was the original one I came to love.