View Single Post
Old 25 January 2020, 12:55 PM   #65
watchspike
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mperry10 View Post
Not sure about the situation in Canada but here in the UK Subs are not easy to come by. I have been waiting for 10 months now and my AD tells me that they are currently quoting 2 years wait and aren't accepting new expressions of interest.
Aurum group controls most of the supply in the UK and trying another AD is not therefore an option.
Black Subs have always been popular with the watch buying public as it's considered the de facto sports Rolex. Demand is not quite as bad as 5 years ago due to newer models taking over some of the spotlight, but beyond the echo chamber of this forum, most people don't have clue about the nuances of all these different models and just go for a black sub, if not a Datejust like the majority of the normal population looking to buy a Rolex.

As for Ads in the UK, seems there is even less choice now that Fraser Hart have lost their contract with Rolex and indie Ads are getting tired of having to pay for refurnishing costs just to have that Rolex sign above their store front when they can't get anything in to sell to the local population. Of course there is the matter of them storing the most elusive fare for there VIP customers.
watchspike is offline   Reply With Quote