View Single Post
Old 10 July 2018, 01:43 AM   #5
Insured
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, TDR, PAM, ETC
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Fred Amos & Bernhardt Watches are hands down the pinnacle of customer service and value props for watches, PERIOD!

I had never heard the term "Fred-heads" before but now that I've heard it I can say for sure that I qualify. Their watches and the brand in general has done a ton for the watch community as a whole, particularly some of the micro-brands that can look at Bernhardt Watches as paving the way for micro-brands to be created and gain a cult-ish following simply by being on the forums vs. broad market advertising (in my opinion).

My first Bernhardt was the Binnacle blue/orange GMT (I believe that was the model name), I also had a Binnacle Anchor with white dial and orange hands, and then when I got married I bought all the groomsman matching Bernhardt watches with black dials and I wore a white dial to match their watches when I traveled to Mexico and didn't want to have anything theft-worthy on my wrist. Not to say these watches aren't worthy of international crime HAHAHAHA but I doubt your average Mexico street thief is familiar with the brand when compared to a couple other slightly better known brands like Rolex, for example.

They're not the most expensive watches out there and they aren't placing boutique/high-end movements inside of the cases but at the end of the day they're creating best-bang-for-buck watches that easily punch above their weight in quality, design, and perhaps most importantly, customer service!
Insured is offline   Reply With Quote