View Single Post
Old 21 May 2020, 07:42 AM   #25
Mitcher4
"TRF" Member

Hi All,

Thank you again for all of your help. I've historically been an Omega and JLC guy and so definitely did not have the immediate eye for what you all caught outside of all the various authenticity checks I was able to find on the web. As there seems to be some interest in this post, I do want to add a bit more detail:

1. I would normally want to see in-person but given recent circumstances, decided to try my hand online. I went with a dealer who has 5 stars reviews across the board, on google, on Chrono24, etc. and a great many happy rolex sales in those reviews. They have a brick and mortar location. They had a 14-day return policy and I used the Chrono24 escrow service. I did get pictures in advance and communicated with the seller but as mentioned, wasn't able to identify what you all saw. I would not have made a purchase this way with anything less than what I listed above.

2. They were very communicative about when they were shipping, not wanting to ship over the weekend and instead waiting until the Monday to send it out (while money sat in escrow). They shipped it Monday. I got it Tuesday with everything promised. This thread occured. I asked for a return. The dealer called me immediately and asked what was wrong and I explained. They didn't fight or push at all. They immediately issued a return label. I got it back out the door same day and it was received by the dealer this morning. They initiated the refund a few hours later. I finally let out my breath.

3. Because of all this, I am conflicted about mentioning the dealers name. I understand they should have identified this on their own but they did everything else right by me, without struggle or cost to me on shipping, VERY quickly...and I want to give them the benefit of the doubt that they will look into this watch and figure out what happened.

Thanks again to you all for the help on this. Without the quick, detailed, and thoughtful responses, I would've been up shit creek.
Mitcher4 is offline   Reply With Quote