View Single Post
Old 28 May 2020, 04:23 PM   #25
faimag
"TRF" Member

Watch: Reverso
Paypal always gets their money. With "normal" transfer, say for buying a watch, the buyer (sender) typically pays the fee, even if that fee is deducted at the end from the seller's account. That's why some sellers have an asking price for cash or direct wire, and then say "I also accept PP plus fees" which means you will pay a bit more via this option.

With FF transfer, the seller (receiver) pays the fee. As mentioned, this service is not linked to any goods or services, meaning you acknowledge that you are not getting anything in return for the money you are sending. Therefore, you do not have Paypal's buyer protection with FF.

BUT FF is not particularly safe for honest sellers either: If you have a CC connected to your PP and pay through that, even via FF, you can then reach out to your bank (not paypal) and ask for a charge-back because of fraudulent transaction!

So, neither the buyer nor the seller are particularly protected with FF, if one of them is an @sshole! Bottom line, guys: there is a reason this service is called "Friends and Family". (~ "I know you and I trust you")

To the OP, I am sorry about your troubles. Hope you can rectify some of your loss.
faimag is offline   Reply With Quote