View Single Post
Old 14 August 2012, 07:02 PM   #28
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acce1999 View Post
Did you get the LV that one of the members here obsessed about some years ago? If I remember correctly, using a 10x loupe, he found minor faults on the dial and had the AD replace the dial. This is a situation where a brand new watch could have been given a more recent dial and still be sold as NIB. I believe he went through several LVs like this, having a hard time feeling satisfied (perhaps expecting too much perfection). I guess some of those LVs needed to be sold, to allow for him to get a new one...

Best,

A
not heard of this story..

if you look at early LV dials the lume is almost chipped and looks like skimmed milk, this was fixed after D.

My dial has these 'imperfections', not flaws in my eyes..

the LV i bought was off the original owner (his name on the papers) and he confirmed to me he never had it touched by anyone. he wore it as part of a huge collection and once a piece started running off time he'd sell it!

i also had my LV checked by Rolex USA and Rolex UK and they say it is untouched

finally i've also been speaking to Mondani, writer of the Submariner book, and he also says some Mk 2 LVs were shipped with Mk3 dials (dials found in the very early Ds)