View Single Post
Old 15 March 2019, 03:42 PM   #1
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Incoming! I’ve got a bad case of the Blues!

I was walking through Waikiki before dinner and walked past the Rolex Boutique. Poked my head in and waved to the SA that I always chat with. They never have anything to sell but they’re always very pleasant and quick to bring out drinks. But as I peeked my guy waves me to come in, but I was running late so I said I’ll stop in later.
So after dinner my wife goes window shopping so I use that opportunity to run in. I tell my guy, how fast can you write up a sale? He asks what I want. I tell him a Daytona and he literally LOL. Then I say if you have a 116613 that’s the only non SS on my radar. Then he says they got one in the day before, had it on hold for someone, but he didn’t come in so if I want it, it’s available. I couldn’t negotiate a discount. Nor could I get them to throw in some swag. But I decided to get it anyway because it’s one of those that I’ve been thinking about so long, why delay the inevitable.
Couple things, they took off all the stickers, kept the hang tag with the serial number, and kept the bezel protector. It didn’t matter to me, it I thought that was a little extreme. In fact, same thing happened with my Hodinkee Speedmaster. They tried to keep the hang tag. But on that one, because it’s a LE, I asked for it and they gave it to me. But the Barron and Leeds said they keep the tag and bezel protector and no exceptions at all. All good, if it remotely deters flippers I’m all for it.
On to the pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
42itus is offline   Reply With Quote