View Single Post
Old 9 April 2014, 04:28 AM   #68
Touring
2024 Pledge Member

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I thought it would make more sense than starting a new one.

Wanted to get some opinions on this topic. My wife currently wears this 27mm piece:

It looks like a dainty watch on her and is relatively legible. I actually bought this as a daily wearer for her, but she thinks it's "too fancy" and it sits on the dresser a lot of the time.

So, I am looking to purchase a black dial Rolex for her as an anniversary gift either to be a daily wearer or to be her "dress-up" watch, so that she wears the Raymond Weil as her daily.

She's in her 30s, 5'4, normal build, and pretty low-key so nothing too flashy. I have narrowed it down to a 26mm Oyster Perpetual:

Or, a 31mm fluted bezel Datejust on a jubilee:

The fluted bezel is just stunning in person but I like the simplicity of the OP's dial vs the Datejust. Also, not sure about oyster bracelet vs jubilee.

Biggest concern I guess is size. Her current 27mm is legible but I wonder as the years go by, whether a 31mm model would have been a better choice. 31mm also seems to be the new norm for ladies watches but trends come and go. When I go down to the store, I'll have a salesperson try it on for comparison, but I'd be interested in opinions (and any wrist shots for reference).

Thanks.
Touring is offline   Reply With Quote