View Single Post
Old 22 April 2013, 10:39 PM   #36
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Realistically, any new model released by Rolex is typically solid 18K, so to the extent the teaser is a new model is is most likely the SS model of the YMII.

I wish it would be a new Daytona, but on past experience I just can't see it happening. Rolex makes a truck load of $$$ from releasing in year one the 18K, then in year two it is TT and year three it is SS....
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GMT Master View Post
A lot of people are saying that Basel this year is going to be "safe" - models tend to take a few years to develop, this year's offering is likely to reflect the slumped sales of 2009/2010

an SS YMII would be an interesting footnote, but, for it to be "teaser-worthy", it needs to be something that people will talk about it. an SS YMII would be a colossal "yawn" (not to put down the YMII....it's a nice piece, i'm just saying it is not headline material).

if an SS daytona is not an option because rolex still needs to roll out more solid gold and TT versions, then, i think there's a higher probability of a bi-color GMT over an SS YMII.

two days to go!
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote