View Single Post
Old 25 July 2021, 08:52 PM   #15
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangamatt View Post
It's my favorite watch these days.

Many complain about its size. Admittedly it's large but you don't feel the weight at all given its materials.

What do I love about it?
  • No one else has one. I'm always wearing a "one-of-a-kind" wherever I am.
  • It's amazing to look at. Angles galore, reflections at unexpected angles, and beautiful colors with just a flash of red on the power reserve
  • The accuracy. I'm only gaining a few seconds per month. It's an amazing machine and every time I look at it I think about just how uniquely precise it is for a "mechanical" watch.

Many will say that at that price a Seadweller would be the better choice. I'm not convinced. Yes! The SD will hold value. I get it... but every time I looked at it or tried it on I couldn't help thinking of it as an oversized sub. I have a Sub (Hulk) and would probably buy the SD if I didn't.

I can tell you that I've never been more excited to pick up a watch than when I went to pick up the SLGA 001. I bought it new at a GS dealer in February. I wore it sparingly for the first 2 months but It's been the only watch on my wrist since the middle of May.
Similar reasons to why I like GS, 99% of my friends are in Patek and Rolex, I want to wear something different.
tom2517 is offline   Reply With Quote