Thread: aqua terra
View Single Post
Old 2 April 2021, 05:28 AM   #4
LDesp
"TRF" Member

I own the exact watch you are looking at (unless you're looking at the 38 mm): the blue dial master co-axial in 41.5 mm (ref. 231.10.42.21.03.003).

In short, I love this watch. The dial looks great in person and the indices catch the light very very nicely. The date window does not match the dial colour exactly, but it's quite close (in fact, it's black). The bracelet looks great and is very comfortable to wear.

In terms of accuracy, the calibre 8500 performs great. Mine keeps time within about +0/+0.5 seconds per day, which vastly outperforms many much more expensive watches in my experience.

Interestingly, it's the only watch in my collection that I do not have second thoughts about or have small niggles with, although it's nowhere near the most expensive. Whenever I put it on, it looks and feels good. After 4 years of very extensive wear in all kinds of conditions, both the case and the bracelet still look great.

Having said all of that, I'm sure I would have the same positive comments about the newer version with the date window at 6 o'clock and the horizontal lines. I'm also convinced that the calibre 8900 in the new version will perform equally well, if not better.

I can't comment whether this is a better watch than the newer version, but I do like it.
LDesp is offline   Reply With Quote