View Single Post
Old 18 October 2021, 03:27 AM   #87
thegrizz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadweller View Post
There's a strong reason why you bought the 116610LN. It meant something to you, it brings back good memories from your childhood. The day you earn back the money you spent, you'll feel a lot better and you'll realise you did the right thing. All you need is some time to digest the sticker shock, that's all. You could have that 10k sitting in a bank account on top of the savings you already have, giving you nothing, or you could have a great watch lasting a lifetime. That first Rolex is special. Think long term.
This is what I think about now. I think about why I actually bought it and spent the $ in the first place. I have worn it every day and night since I started this thread. I can't stop staring at it everyday. I put it on a couple of brand new single pass Nato's and man is it a great watch. My initial reaction was definitely $ based.

I'm glad ya'll talked me out of flipping it off the bat. I haven't thought about reaching for the Pelagos in days. I think I would have regretted selling it. At this point I don't care if I bought at the peak of the market. This is one that will be with me for the next 40+ years.
thegrizz is offline   Reply With Quote