Thread: First Panerai
View Single Post
Old 8 June 2019, 01:27 AM   #7
maanba
"TRF" Member

Thanks

so much for the responses! I appreciate the advice and your time, i really do. A little more info about my journey to give you sense of why i have these 2 as choices (for now). I have been to a few shops now to try these on...don't know where i would go to try on all 400 options..if only i had the time! What got me interested in the brand was an unplanned stop at a boutique (needed a break from wife's shopping) where i saw a 311 and fell in love (had no idea that watch wasn't being made anymore). The more i tried that watch on however the more the multiple complications kind of wore off for me but at that point i was hooked on the brand. I really loved the brown dial as an interesting addition to my collection because i have 2 steel bracelet (omega and Rolex) and one formal black leather band watch (IWC) so i liked the fact that this was different. I also loved the sandwich dial. Finally, i really preferred the luminor look to the radiomir. So the brown dial initially pulled my attention, but as i see more the black dial with the beige numbering is very close because they pair so beautifully with brown leather straps (I am learning about how straps are kind of a thing here...I love the panerai brown suede straps!) that it is still a cool difference. In fact i think i have a slight preference now for black / brown instead of brown / brown but it is very close. Same with Steel / Titanium. The advice on here on comfort and size is invaluable to me since i will turn this immediately into my daily watch (sorry omega). So to give more background on how i got here...i love the sandwich dial, i love either brown or black dial but i really like the beige numbering, and i don't think i could do more than 44. I really prefer new (personality flaw) but i am open to pre-owned. those are my basic parameters. frankly the 372 and 422 are really perfect but i just can not pull off that big of a watch. I have tried them on several times hoping but nope. nothing quite that clean and pure on a new 44.
maanba is offline   Reply With Quote