View Single Post
Old 26 October 2019, 03:25 AM   #1
territhemayor
"TRF" Member

BUYER BEWARE: miki1980_onlyfinewatches. FAKE end links and RACIST rant

I bought a pair of 571 end links from @Miki1980_onyfinewatches that arrived a couple days ago. He said they were used and resealed but insisted they were authentic. They arrived in a resealed blister pack with the sticker ripped of, but looked new.

They arrived and didn’t fit my 6263 — the links were too wide to fit between the lugs. I measured them and they measured bigger than 19 mm and bigger than the lug width of my 6263.

Here is a video measuring the link width and lug width. https://youtu.be/1R6hsFNqaw8

I’ve bought many new end links and ALL of them work perfectly right out the blister. In the same envelope he sent me a pair of new 550 end links. They measured a perfect 20.00 mm, no bending or grinding required.

I told Miki that the links didn’t fit, sent him the video, and asked to send them back for a refund. I even knocked some off the refund for his trouble. Miki said that he sourced them for me from someone else so he didn’t want to buy them back. I told him he was probably swindled and should make sure he’s buying and selling authentic stuff.

He told me that Rolex would sell end links extra wide so they could be GROUND DOWN to fit properly. I talked to Phil Ridley, who services all my watches, to ask around and he and all the people he asked never heard of Rolex selling external parts that would need to be ground down by the user. Miki couldn’t explain why the authentic 550 links he sent me were a perfect 20.00mm.

I did a little digging and found people talking about DW reproduction 571 end links that were too big: see this link: https://rwg.cc/topic/115163-dw-571-end-links/ . This is probably what Miki sold me, claiming they were real.

I was very polite towards Miki. I only wanted to return on the fake 571s, not the real 550s.

But Miki absolutely flipped out at me for asking for a return, calling me a greedy Jew. Then he went on an antisemetic screed about how jews dominate the world and treat others like a foot mattress. If the links were authentic, I would have kept them. But they weren’t, so I wanted to send them back. Instead I get an unhinged racist rant. See for yourself.

I HIGHLY suggest you AVOID dealing with Miki. If he sells you a fake part like he sold me, he will be absolutely impossible to deal with. His actions and despicable morality speak for themselves.
territhemayor is offline   Reply With Quote