View Single Post
Old 4 January 2020, 11:32 AM   #14
mfoster978
"TRF" Member

Watch: Grandfather's Watc
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Welcome to the forum. Be prepared for some poorly thought out replies as we do have a few members who revel in bashing people. (Not aiming that at the previous comments - but who knows what is to come?)

Let’s take your situation as stated and a true belief of your grandmother. Yes, the watch isn’t a real Rolex - but that is the last thing you need to say to her. Just say nothing.

If it isn’t working, then you simply have one possession of your grandfather’s among the many others in that box. Appreciate the man, not the possessions - and hope you have a good 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you very much! I don't care if it's a fake but I'm just happy it was his it always meant a lot to him and that's what matters the most. Thank you for not bashing on me like most of the other people here. I do greatly appreciate it. So do you think there's a battery in it? Am I better off replacing the battery myself? Also you guys are 100 precent positive it's a fake, I don't want to open it if it's not. According to my grandmother it was from his job at IBM so I'd rather not break it especially where I know nothing at all about watches.

Thanks,
Mike
mfoster978 is offline   Reply With Quote