View Single Post
Old 3 December 2019, 05:35 PM   #32
akilis
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116695SATS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Hockey View Post
I’ve been resistant about paying above retail on any Rolex but did just that when my favorite grey dealer showed up with a well-maintained Kermit with all paperwork (and a recent factory service.) Even though I could have had this watch at half the price if I pulled the trigger a few years ago, I was not in the position to do so. Ugh.

There’s a little more to story...

I dropped by my local AD a couple of weeks ago and he had a 126710 BLNR with my name on it. There were two problems. First, I don’t have unlimited funds and the list I kept in my head placed the Kermit as my next acquisition. Second, I already have a 116710LN and, although I think the BLNR is an absolute stunner, on my wrist it looked like someone had put Christmas lights on my LN. It was gorgeous but it looks better on you than it does on me, and it would put off my hopes for a Kermit for a couple of years (at least). Flipping was not an option as, among other reasons, my AD is a friend and a client. I walked...

I know what your thinking (i’m in the future too) the remorse was almost immediate. I think I actually sobbed for moment.

While I hate the idea of paying grey prices (probably 2.5x what the watch retailed for in 2007) when the Kermit showed up at my favorite grey, with ALL paperwork and a fresh RSC service, I immediately pulled the trigger.

The watch is in great condition. A light factory polish is evident not so much on the lugs but on the SEL and, of course, clasp. Doesn’t bug me too much. It looks terrific to me! I am very happy!

If I’m beings honest, this watch will get plenty of wear, but I suspect my 16570 polar Explorer II will probably still be my daily. My taste is not quite mainstream. I’ve had the Explorer II 25 years and its pleasantly (heavily) worn in.

With any luck (if I make it another 25 years on this planet) I’ll post pics of my Kermit all beat up too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
many of the interesting ones
akilis is offline   Reply With Quote