View Single Post
Old 23 April 2017, 04:48 AM   #11
kunlun
"TRF" Member

A vendor there just tried to sell me a watch with a poorly refurbished dial as a new watch and for the same price as an unworn new watch. He told me the altered dial "must be an earlier reference" which was a straight up lie.

I would be very, very careful. Don't assume anyone there is your friend or that they are acting responsibily
You can and will get ripped off.

Element in Time is trustworthy. You will pay the same amount there for a used watch as you would for a new one elsewhere, but you can trust them except for their warranty. No Grey market seller has a warranty that is in any way trustworthy. While I was shopping at Element in Time, the owner was yelling at someone who bought a used watch (with dried out oil) which stopped working. The owner loudly blamed the buyer for breaking the watch, even though the owner had not inspected it. The warranty was not honored.

Oh, and Motion in Time are notorious frauds, they were sued by Cartier for selling poorly refurbished Cartier watches with fake parts as new. They were also sued again for selling poorly refurbished Patek as new.
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote