View Single Post
Old 21 April 2016, 10:11 PM   #1
Hkexpat183
"TRF" Member

I was walking around today in HK and stopped by a grey seller shop here in HK that I use to frequent but hadn't been in for quite some time. BOOM...there it was in the glass window display. A Patek 5970j brand new. The owner told me he has another one that is 99% condition. Price seems to be very attractive and ~$30k below what I've seen advertised by sellers in the states. With the used one being $10k less than the new one.

Question I am debating now is whether to trade in a bulk of my collection to obtain this monster! I would need to sell the following to make the numbers work:

(1) Rolex WG skydweller
(2) Rolex platinum day date 2
(3) AP RG ROO 44mm novelty
(4) AP 15202 jumbo

This would leave me with:

(1) Patek 59801r
(2) Patek 5970j
(3) Rolex DSSD
(4) Rolex YG GMT2c

Would you do it? Kind of fun thinking about it! Going to post in the Patek forum as well to get balanced views.

I was walking around today in HK and stopped by a grey seller shop here in HK that I use to frequent but hadn't been in for quite some time. BOOM...there it was in the glass window display. A Patek 5970j brand new. The owner told me he has another one that is 99% condition. Price seems to be very attractive and ~$30k below what I've seen advertised by sellers in the states. With the used one being $10k less than the new one.

Question I am debating now is whether to trade in a bulk of my collection to obtain this monster! I would need to sell the following to make the numbers work:

(1) Rolex WG skydweller
(2) Rolex platinum day date 2
(3) AP RG ROO 44mm novelty
(4) AP 15202 jumbo

This would leave me with:

(1) Patek 59801r
(2) Patek 5970j
(3) Rolex DSSD
(4) Rolex YG GMT2c

Would you do it? Kind of fun thinking about it! Going to post in the Patek forum as well to get balanced views.
PP 5980-1R / [Rolex WG Sky-Dweller] / AP 44mm RG ROO / Rolex DSSD / Rolex Pt Day Date II / AP 15202 40th Anniversary / Rolex YG GMTIIc / Rolex Sea Dweller / IWC SS Regulateur / Omega Sea Master Professional / Rolex TT DateJust

Last edited by mailman; 22 April 2016 at 10:02 AM..
Hkexpat183 is offline   Reply With Quote