View Single Post
Old 5 April 2020, 05:03 PM   #3
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHG View Post
I have been looking at multiple Pateks that I’d be happy with. I am someone who likes his things to be new, so I’m always drawn to the idea of new old stock watches. But being a novice to all this, I am curious as to the legitimacy of these being sold by non-AD’s.

What happens to watches that are run out? For example, the 5327J that’s $88k is being run out. First given this, how big of a discount can be expected from the AD?

If they don’t sell the watch, what happens next usually? How long do they hold on to the watch before selling to a secondary dealer, and at how much discount?
Again as an example, the 5327 is being sold new by secondary dealers in the mid $60’s before negotiations. So I assume they buy it for much less from the AD. Is it reasonable to go to the AD and ask for the timepiece at a price you would expect is sold to the secondary dealer, assuming that’s how it works. Also I’m taking into consideration the more uncertain economic situation right now.

Thanks for your responses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I understand after a long period of not selling (3 years I think), an AD can return the piece to Patek for a free service and then put the piece in their window as used with a one year warranty. Not sure of the level of price reduction but it is sold as used - don’t know about name on papers. It will never to sold direct to a secondary dealer.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote