HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeer7 View Post
Can’t help thinking it looks a mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumpey View Post
Its not a proper root beer! That has a brown and yellow or all brown bezel with a brown sunburst dial. This is an espresso.
Quote:
Originally Posted by envuks View Post
Lol! You see yoohoo, I see do do

This one takes the fugly cake... and I love the GMTc model
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKO View Post
I wonder why Rolex didn’t put it on the Jubilee? I still don’t know what to make of the RG vs YG
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcompa View Post
A hard pass! A total miss, in my book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfisher View Post
If the Rootbeer were a person, I think it would be confused on which bathroom to use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBD View Post
It just doesn't look right to me. It totally lacks the charm of the previous versions, which had a lovely copper color. This just looks turdish.
I'm really fond of the CHNR. The colors are Chocolate and Black. I don't see any reference to root beer except in the minds of those who can't move past yesterday. It's a new watch and the best looking two tone bezel GMT that Rolex is currently got in production, IMHO.

At the risk of offending other members, the blue on the BLNR reminds me of the royal blue double breasted suits from the 60s. The BLRO is too much of a throw back to the original GMTs with the wrong color; not wanting a Jubilee bracelet either. The CHNR to me is a new watch, new color, like the BLNR was except muted and pretty not harsh and garish.

I guess I'll be in it close to alone. I really don't understand the need to label it as a Root Beer considering Rolex has labeled it as Chocolate. Whatever...

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is online now   Reply With Quote