View Single Post
Old 21 March 2020, 05:01 AM   #3026
LandWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Relojes View Post
This is the "herd immunity" thought. Where we abandon thinking and knowledge and behave like a "herd" of cows. 100% penetrance at once for 330 million people. 16% of those will require hospitalization: oxygen support, ventilators, etc. That's 52 million people. The number of staffed hospital beds in the United States is less than 1 million. At that point the medical system collapses. Law and order could collapse right behind it.

There's already a post reporting difficulty reaching standard medical care. That would get worse adding to the mortality. I am not an economist, but it would seem to me that using science and communication has got to be better for the economy than acting like cows.
Well, it’s more an understanding that the high level of casualties will happen either way. Perhaps it may be better to concentrate that into a tighter timeframe, to minimise economic destruction, rather than to drag out?

I agree, this is not very pleasant, certainly not humane.

However, it might be appreciated more by those left afterwards! The current approach will see our grandchildren still paying for this ...

I’m not saying I particularly favour one or the other, just pointing out an alternate viewpoint. The options facing our various governments are diabolical either way.