View Single Post
Old 4 February 2020, 02:09 AM   #100
Laszlo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Date & No Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
I am concerned about India. Almost the population of China, with only 1/3 of the land and poorer infrastructure and public health facilities.

Even though 70% of population is rural, the others are crammed together with insufficient support. Seems like a nightmare in the waiting.
I think these are the biggest concerns; poor countries with a high population density. India would be a true disaster. One positive though is that this virus does best in cold dry climates. Also important to note is a pandemic is classified as 2 continents or more. It doesn’t necessarily mean the EU, United States, or other countries with ample resources to contain and treat with modern medicine will be be affected In those ranges. What is clear though and this is the biggest concern is pure economics. This situation could easily throw the world back into a 2008 financial crisis or worse and that’s what should be worrying everyone. My hope is this just burns itself out but the damage to economies will just take time and patience to recover fully.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca